The Telangana Cabinet convened a key meeting today on various important issues ahead of Interim Budget for the financial year 2024-2025 in Telangana.
In particular, the Cabinet has approved the implementation of two more schemes as part of six guarantees. A major news is out on the rename of TS to TG short form for Telangana.
Telangana Cabinet Key Decisions 2024: The Telangana Cabinet has taken key decisions today on the following issues.
- TS name has been changed to TG and cabinet approves the same. It would impact number plates of vehicles.
- The Telangana Cabinet has given its nod today for two schemes out of the six guarantees i.e. free power subsidy scheme under Gruha Jyothi for up to 200 units and 500 rupees cylinder as part of Mahalakshmi scheme.
- State cabinet approves “Jaya Jaya He Telangana” as state official anthem
- Further Vote on account budget dates have been finalised. The government has agreed to commence the budget session from February 8.
- Change in the state emblem or symbol of Telangana and statue of Telangana Talli has been proposed and agreed.
- The cabinet has also discussed on Medigadda Barrage and the way forward.
- There has been discussion on the implementation of 6 guarantees and the amount to be allocated in the budget for each of them.
- The state government agreed to convert 65 ITI colleges into advanced technology centers.
- The government allocates 100 acres of land for the new High court complex of Telangana.
- The Cabinet approves the form Kodangal Development Authority.
- The Cabinet gave nod for Caste census in Telangana.